The Round 3 of the Business Basics Grants Program is Opening Soon!
The Business Basics Grant (BBG) has introduced its new grant program for small businesses to provide support to increase core skills and adopt the best practices.
The program was introduced by the Queensland government to support small businesses by providing a $5,000 grant to be spent on eligible activities. The state government has prioritised the need for small businesses to upskill in order to keep running.
If you are a successful applicant, the grant is to be administered by the Department of Employment, Small Business, and Training (DESBT). It is important to consider what training or services your business needs. Read this article to find out more about how you can apply.
Summary of the program
|Program key details|
|Eligible business size||Small businesses|
|Opening date||Round 3 – Applications open 9 am, 4 May 2022|
|Closing date||Round 3 will close when sufficient applications have been received for competitive assessment.
Note: This grant program is competitively assessed. Not all applications will be funded.
List of eligible funded activities:
1. Training and coaching
- Business development, marketing, human resources or business planning topics
- Training or coaching of up to 4 months in duration
2. Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
3. Professional business advice
- Business plans
4. Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
5. Business continuity and succession
- Business continuity and succession plans
- Cybersafety training and tools
List of activities not funded:
- activities bought using cryptocurrencies, barter, or services in-kind
- general business operating costs (e.g. bookkeeping or accounting, tax returns)
- real estate/property, hire, lease, or rental fees
- goods, services, or fees from related parties (include companies with common shareholdings or directors, employees or immediate family)
- franchise fees
- purchase of stock
- GST, registration, and fees
- maintenance of existing digital technologies
- computer hardware (e.g. computer servers, PCs, tablets/iPads, mobile phones)
- other hardware/devices/equipment (e.g. televisions, EFTPOS, card and chip readers)
- activities purchased through direct selling (e.g. by party plan or network marketing)
- delivery, credit card and transaction fees
- memberships and joining fees
- fleet vehicles
- website hosting
- implementation of marketing tactics such as advertising, direct marketing (e.g. telemarketing) or campaign delivery (e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expenses).
How you can apply
Applications open at 9 am, on 4 May 2022. Start preparing your application now by following these steps.
First, check your eligibility through our Business Basics Grants Eligibility quiz.
2. You can first start by reading these key documents that are provided:
3. Apply for a DESBT SmartyGrants applicant account (if you don’t already have one).
4. Ensure your Australian Business Register profile for your business is up to date (check your ABN status, GST status and main business location).
5. Prepare your documentation, including:
– a signed and witnessed statutory declaration from the business’s owner or director stating the business meets all eligibility criteria
– supplier quotes (no more than 2), dated after 13 April 2022, detailing description and costs of services, who will undertake the activity, and an outline of key activities. You will only be able to upload 1 quote per supplier.
Note: This grant total must equal at least $5000 before GST with no more than 2 quotes to reach the minimum.
Get started today!
We have had clients who benefited from previous similar grants, it is important to get organised before the applications start. Applications open from 9 am, 4 May 2022, be sure not to miss out on this great opportunity.
If you would like to discuss how the grant could be suitable for your business, please email me at email@example.com or call me on 0412 811 072. We can also guide you through the entire process.