Best Way To Do A Video Conference – Zoom review
Do you want a secure, easy-to-use platform for messaging, audio and video conferencing and webinars? Use ZOOM!
What is Zoom?
Zoom.us offers communications software that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.
Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you’re connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.
Zoom Video Communications is a company headquartered in San Jose, California, founded in 2011. Currently, it has just under 2000 employees.
Zoom is growing in popularity having a 10.5% market share (getting closer to Skype that has almost 15%). In March 2019 the company was valued just under $16 billion dollars.
How to use Zoom?
You do not need a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting, only the host is required to have an account to enable the scheduling of meetings.
You can access Zoom via the Zoom application on your desktop or from your smartphone.
Zoom is designed to help more than 700,000 businesses around the world bring their teams closer together with innovative communication and collaboration services. They’re recognised as being one of the best options on the market in terms of ease of use, stability, and video and audio quality. The main features of Zoom include:
- Meetings: The “Meetings” service is designed for collaboration, training, and technical support. It features whiteboarding, screen sharing, HD video and audio, and remote screen control features
- Video Webinar: For those who want to host a webinar online, the Zoom video webinar feature provides access for up to 100 interactive participants, with packages that allow for up to 100,000 view-only attendees. Sharing is simple with a single click, and there’s even dual-screen support
- Zoom Rooms: Zoom Rooms are Zoom’s collaboration offering, intended for everything from huddle rooms, to executive offices, and conference rooms. You can include remote participants, use one-touch meeting start features, etc.
- Business IM: Companies can stay connected with text, image, and audio file delivery over instant messaging communications. You can build groups, set presence status, and search through content for the files you need
- 323/SIP Connector: Bring your standards-based systems into the cloud with the Zoom connector features. This allows you to enable room systems from a range of vendors to communicate with your mobile, tablet, and desktop devices with a single touch
- Developer Platform: Finally, Zoom allows developers to create their own stack solutions with video, voice, and screen sharing APIs. Simply browse through the resources and join the community to submit requests for APIs
Zoom App – zoom is available to use on iOS and Android devices
There are 4 types of accounts:
- Basic (Free)
- Business / Enterprise
Basic: A basic user is a user without a paid license. A basic user can host meetings with up to 100 participants. If 3 or more participants join, the meeting will time out after 40 minutes.
Pro: A pro user is a paid account user who can host meetings with up to 100 participants. Pro users have these additional features available:
- Customize Personal Meeting ID
- Record to the Zoom cloud
- Be an alternative host
- Assign others to schedule and schedule on behalf of
- Utilize account add-ons such as conference room connector
- Be assigned user add-ons such as large meeting, webinar, or personal audio conference
- Customize Personal Link, if on a business or education account
Overall, the Zoom experience is intuitive and simple, perfect for when you want to evolve your communications strategy without a great deal of financial and time investment.
Give it a try and let us know what you think. Or let us know in the comments what other productivity tools you use.
Dorin – web strategist for Upward Consulting